Saturday, February 2, 2008

Surgery and Recovery

Guess it's about time to update again. The month of January has been a challenge for both of us. Since my shoulder surgery on January 3, I have been out of commission but I'm slowly recovering. I do mean slowly. It's been a long, painful process. I'm starting my third week of physical therapy. Each day I am able to move my arm a little more than the day before. Wow, I'm even typing with both hands (sort of). I will have at least three more weeks of therapy. Then I will be mostly recovered, but will have to continue the home therapy for a while.

Tom is an angel. He has kept up with everything around here - the cooking, cleaning, shopping, laundry -- everything. I told him that I didn't know he could cook like that. To which he replied, "I guess I screwed up. Now it will be expected of me." Yup. Well, maybe I'll give him a break in a few weeks. He deserves it.

No comments: